The Joyful Child's Programs
radKIDS Personal Empowerment and Safety Education
is a 10-hour interactive life-skills and safety education curriculum for children ages 5 -12. The Joyful Child sponsors radKIDS instructor certification training and coordinates teams that include law enforcement and parents to provide radKIDS as an after school or community program with low-cost sustainability.
Joyful Child Adult Education for Child Protection cultivates local ownership for ongoing prevention education in communities nationwide. The Joyful Child trains Ambassadors to coordinate the implementation of radKIDS in the community and Joyful Child Educators to provide the presentations listed below with information and tools to prevent predatory crimes against children. Joyful Child teaches parents how to reduce the vulnerability of children. Although the topic of child sexual abuse and abduction is inherently uncomfortable, the solutions to prevent it are indeed, joyful.
- Preventing Child Abduction
- Recognizing Predatory Behaviors
- A Parent's Companion to radKIDS
The Joyful Child Foundation—In Memory of Samantha Runnion is a 501 (c)(3) not for profit organization founded in 2002 after the abduction, molestation and murder of five-year old Samantha Runnion. In order to prevent child sexual abuse and abduction The Joyful Child Foundation will:
- Provide proactive education and empowerment tools to children and parents.
- Facilitate collaboration among individuals, non-profit organizations, schools, businesses and government to create sustainable community initiatives to ensure that safety education for child protection continue in perpetuity.